Community service guidelines:
- All NHS members must have at least four hours of personal community service each semester, preferably in two different projects of two hours or more each.
- Service related to school should not be listed (Band, FFA, FHA, Key Club)
- Service directly benefiting a member’s family should not be listed
- Service should not be listed more than once (for on-going activities)
- Each personal volunteer project should be approximately two hours in length.
Download the Community Service Form below for documentation of your community service hours.
Volunteer Ideas in or near ELGIN!
Drive A Senior is an organization that provides rides and other support to seniors in our community. Check out the webpage to get involved: www.driveasenior.org
Love animals? The Bastrop Animal Shelter is always looking for volunteers. See the links below for animal shelters in Austin.
Still looking? Check out public radio station KUT's "Get Involved" Section for current volunteer ideas in Austin and surrounding areas. This site is updated weekly. http://kut.org/topic/get-involved
Check out the links below for volunteer location ideas.