Campus and departments should, on an annual basis, review the following instructions concerning records; to ensure the efficient, and effective control over school district records consistent with requirements of the Texas Local Government Records.
- 2019-2020 Records Management Plan & Procedures (07/29/2019)
- Find out how long to keep campus and department records by accessing the following links
- To destroy records or send records to storage
- A log of records eligible for destruction and a log of records to be stored must be maintained. The principal or department supervisor should sign for permission to destroy or send records to storage.
- Records Transfer Request Form (02/14/2020)
- Records Disposition Log (02/14/2020)
- Record Box ID Label (08/14/2019)
- Storage boxes for retention use are provided by the campus. Records to be destroyed should be packed in boxes no larger than a copy paper box (storage boxes should not be used to pack records to be destroyed).
- Records destruction will be scheduled annually in the fall. Refer to the Records Management Cheat Sheet for deadlines and timelines . The Business Office will notify the campus/department offices of the scheduled dates for records to be picked up by the Maintenance Department.