- Scholarships: Awards that students must apply for that are based on need, merit, or achievement - does not have to be repaid - apply through individual scholarship application
- Grants: Awards that students qualify for based on need - does not have to be repaid - apply through FAFSA/TASFA
- Work Study: On and sometimes off-campus jobs for students who demonstrate financial need - apply through FAFSA/TASFA
- Loans: Money that is borrowed and must be repaid with interest - Apply through FAFSA/TASFA, and private loans through banks
- For more information on types of financial aid Click Here
Financial Aid Exemptions:
Exemptions are a type of financial assistance allowing some Texas residents to attend a public college or university in Texas without paying tuition or, in some cases, tuition and fees.
To learn more or see if you qualify for an Exemption click here
Do I complete the FAFSA or TASFA?
- If the student has a social security number, then the student will complete the FAFSA. - Steps for Completing FAFSA
- If the students does not have a social security number, or the student has a social security number through DACA, the student will complete the TASFA.
The FAFSA and TASFA applications open October 1, 2018
Financial Aid Saturday @ EHS - October 13 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.