Hi! My name is Mr. Sylvester Salinas and I am your child’s history teacher this year. I am looking forward to a very exciting and productive year. I have been a teacher for six years, but this will be my second year at Elgin Middle School. As the year goes on, I am looking forward to meeting you and getting to know you and your student.
I want you and your student to know that my major goals for this year are that all students in my class will:
- Memorize 10 key events in U.S. history and be able to place those events on a timeline
- Be able to describe and apply the seven principles of the U.S. Constitution.
- Be able to learn something new about U.S. history and analyze that event using the timeline events and constitutional concepts noted above.
- Learn to take notes from lectures, films and readings and use those notes to analyze and synthesize information on tests and projects.
- Learn to study independently and stay on-task during class and when working on homework.
If you want to speak with me for any reason, please don’t hesitate to give me a call. The best time to call is between 10:09 and 10:58, Monday through Friday, at (512) 281-3382. You may also send me an email through the school website.
Please feel free to let me know any information that may help me to be successful with your child, and let me know the best way (and time) to reach you.
Good-bye for now, and let your child know that we will have a great year in Room 108.
8th grade U.S. History
7th & 8th grade Yearbook