Vision, Mission & Goals
- Elgin ISD changes lives.
- Elgin ISD ensures a high quality education that guarantees a life changing experience for all.
- G1. Elgin ISD will increase its student achievement performance in the areas of writing, literacy, and numeracy. (Target: Student Learning and Progress)
- GPM 1.1 –The percent of Elgin ISD students reaching “Meets Grade Level” Standard on writing STAAR will increase from 20% to 40% by 2024.
- GPM 1.2 –The percent of Elgin ISD students reaching “Meets Grade Level” Standard on reading STAAR will increase from 32% to 52% by 2024.
- GPM 1.3 –The percent of Elgin ISD students reaching “Meets Grade Level” Standard on math STAAR will increase from 27% to 47% by 2024.
- G2. Elgin ISD will increase teacher and administrator retention rates. (Target: Teacher Quality)
- GPM 2.1 – Job satisfaction of staff at the campus and district levels will improve, as measured by district communication processes and climate surveys.
- GPM 2.2 –“Cultural competency” of staff increases, such that they are able to successfully REACH and teach students of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- GPM 2.3 – Perceptions of staff related to consistent behavioral interventions and classroom support will improve, as measured by qualitative and/or survey data.
- G3. Elgin ISD will increase the percentage of graduating seniors that are College, Career, and/or Military Ready (CCMR). (Target: Engaged, Well-Rounded Students)
- GPM 3.1 – The percentage of students participating in extracurricular activities will increase.
- GPM 3.2 – The percentage of students directly enrolling in post-secondary programs and/or the military after high school graduation will increase.
- GPM 3.3 – The percentage of students enrolling in CTE programs, with career pathways aligned to regional workforce needs and student interest, will increase.
- G4. Elgin ISD will ensure consistent enforcement of safety and behavioral expectations for students and staff. (Target: Safety and Well-Being)
- GPM 4.1 – Positive perceptions of school safety, as measured by qualitative and/or survey data from stakeholders, will increase.
- GPM 4.2 – Positive perceptions of student behavior, as measured by qualitative and/or survey data from stakeholders, will increase.