Vision, Mission & Goals
Elgin ISD changes lives.
Elgin ISD ensures a high quality education that guarantees a life changing experience for all.
G1. Elgin ISD will increase its student achievement performance in the areas of writing, literacy, and numeracy. (Target: Student Learning and Progress)
- GPM 1.1 –The percent of Elgin ISD students reaching “Meets Grade Level” Standard on writing STAAR will increase from 20% to 40% by 2024.
- GPM 1.2 –The percent of Elgin ISD students reaching “Meets Grade Level” Standard on reading STAAR will increase from 32% to 52% by 2024.
- GPM 1.3 –The percent of Elgin ISD students reaching “Meets Grade Level” Standard on math STAAR will increase from 27% to 47% by 2024.
G2. Elgin ISD will increase teacher and administrator retention rates. (Target: Teacher Quality)
- GPM 2.1 – Job satisfaction of staff at the campus and district levels will improve, as measured by district communication processes and climate surveys.
- GPM 2.2 –“Cultural competency” of staff increases, such that they are able to successfully REACH and teach students of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- GPM 2.3 – Perceptions of staff related to consistent behavioral interventions and classroom support will improve, as measured by qualitative and/or survey data.
G3. Elgin ISD will increase the percentage of graduating seniors that are College, Career, and/or Military Ready (CCMR). (Target: Engaged, Well-Rounded Students)
- GPM 3.1 – The percentage of students participating in extracurricular activities will increase.
- GPM 3.2 – The percentage of students directly enrolling in post-secondary programs and/or the military after high school graduation will increase.
- GPM 3.3 – The percentage of students enrolling in CTE programs, with career pathways aligned to regional workforce needs and student interest, will increase.
G4. Elgin ISD will ensure consistent enforcement of safety and behavioral expectations for students and staff. (Target: Safety and Well-Being)
- GPM 4.1 – Positive perceptions of school safety, as measured by qualitative and/or survey data from stakeholders, will increase.
- GPM 4.2 – Positive perceptions of student behavior, as measured by qualitative and/or survey data from stakeholders, will increase.