Student Learning & Progress
- Address performance gaps between student groups.
- Address low performance in writing.
- Address early literacy to build foundation for success.
- Every student will meet or exceed district level standards for achievement.
- Every student will meet or exceed an individualized Growth Measure in Writing.
- Every student will leave grades PK-2 on or above grade level literacy standards set by the district.
- District and Campus Specialist attend an expert cultural training
- Create timeline to calendar subsequent planning days and presentation dates to the YAG
- District and Elementary specialist collaborate to design PD presentation #1, create the handout, the binder and aligned observation form
- Writer's Workshop PD plan is created with campus principals and specialists
- Teachers are placed in strands by campus admin and specialists
- Conduct a PK needs assessment
- Map out 2018-19 differentiated range PD plan (strands -level 1, 2, 3)
- Develop and host an elementary school "Early Literacy Family Night" for PK-2 parents (September 1st and second, Kinder and PK). In addition, start collecting 1 sample/month to build an EOY (end of year) portfolio.
- All EISD staff will participate in cultural competency training; include cultural competency as a component of EISD sub training throughout the year. The PD will include whole group per campus (sets the purpose and vision, foundation is laid)
- Report previous percentage of understanding and present PD #2
- Report previous percentage of understanding and growth/loss and present PD #3
- Provide opportunities for daily writing in all content areas (PK-12); add writing section to the district lesson planning template for all content areas
- Develop and deliver differentiated writing professional development (to ensure new staff begin at level 0 and returning teachers are challenged to continue to develop and "fine-tune" their craft. Writer's Workshop 101
- Develop differentiated balanced literacy professional development at the elementary level (to ensure new staff begin at level 0 and returning teachers are challenged to continue to develop and "fine-tune" their craft.
- SIM Framework: 1) Field Test--refine--train--full campus implementation. 2)
- Collaboration/Reflection session 3) Refine--retrain--reimplement--reflect
- Report previous percentage of understanding and present PD #4
- Report previous percentage of understanding and present PD #5
- Report previous percentage of understanding and present PD #6
- Grade level teams (PK-12) come together to develop a "profile" (determine performance standards) for reading, writing,
- math, science and social studies
- Profile Teams: PK-2 meets 5 times (R, W, M, Sc, SS), 3-5 meets 2 times (LA, SS, M, Sc), 6-12 meets 1 time (content they teach)
- Monitor that writing is occurring in all content areas PK-12 AND that it reflects what is in the weekly plan
- Screeners in Early Literacy are standard practice
- Early Literacy Night--growth celebration (share DRA/EDL growth and writing portfolios) Separate nights K, 1, 2, PK