Engaged, Well-Rounded Students
- Instill good citizenship.
- Classroom instruction should be engaging and student-centered.
- Prepare students for life after Elgin ISD.
- 100% of students and teachers surveyed can identify and describe the attributes of a good citizen as they relate to EISD core values.
- 100% of teachers will receive a proficient or higher rating on their annual performance review for engaging, student-centered lessons focused on the whole child.
- EISD will increase the number of students participating in activities or programs that prepare them for college or career by ten percent each year.
- ID biggest "bang for your buck" engagement strategies to utilize in classroom instruction
- Add/Ensure biggest "Bang for your buck" engagement strategies are part of the campus Instructional Playbook (Raise Up, Big Six, etc.)
- District and campus will provide training on engagement strategies
- Defining the attributes of a good citizen as they relate to EISD core values (Include diversity, Cultural competency, language from current behavior screeners)
- Align core values and district-wide PBIS expectations & systems
- Plan character lessons that embed core values for PK-12/ how to incorporate into the current character curriculum
- Teachers will plan and implement engaging, student centered lesson plans
- Administrators will monitor through classroom observations
- Administrators will identify teachers in need of training on engaging and student-centered lesson planning
- Identify and research attributes of schools that have shown success in College and Career Readiness preparation for students
- Identify regional industry needs and trends utilizing workforce data to inform Heart of Elgin
- Identify soft skills (enrichment, civic, extracurricular) needed for life after high school to inform EISD Graduate Profile
- Identify academic skills needed for life after high school to inform EISD Graduate Profile
- EISD and City of Elgin will partner to plan and create a campaign to educate community of the EISD Core Values (Social media Campaigns, Newsletters, Thursday Folders, Community posters, etc.)
- Research & identify surveys at elementary, middle, and high school level to measure good citizenship in students, including the use of surveys already in place by the district
- Implement campaign to educate the community on EISD core values
- Administrators create PD plan and train, or coach teachers identified as "in need" of training
- Work with Elgin Education Foundation to financially support engaging and student-centered projects
- Survey students to identify additional areas of interest - also used to identify current activities and non-involved students