Elgin ISD administers the following college board assessments: ACT / SAT/ PSAT NMSQT/TSI.
* ACT is administered to any Senior who is an accelerated tester (a student who took and passed Algebra 1 in 8th grade). The state requires districts to administer a math assessment to all accelerated testers. ACT can also help students become CCMR (College, Career, Military Ready).
* PSAT NMSQT is administered to all 10th grade students to measure college readiness.
* SAT is administered to all Juniors for college prep and CCMR (College, Career, Military Ready).
* TSI (Texas Success Initiative Assessment) is an assessment to determine college readiness. The TSI is administered to 8th grade about mid way through the year and to high school students who need to become CCMR. The best way to prepare for the TSIA is taking practice exams. Have your student contact their counselor or the College, Career and Military Specialist at Elgin High School for more information.
NWEA Map is used to measure students' academic performance at a specific time and determine their strengths and areas of readiness. We use this tool to track student growth over time, as well as a predictor of success on STAAR/ACT/SAT.
Elgin ISD administers all state and federally mandated assessments in accordance to TEA and federal guidelines and dates.
State Assessments: The STAAR Gr. 3 - 8 and End of Course (EOC) are state assessments that all districts must administer in accordance to all TEA guidelines.
* State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness - STAAR and STAAR ALT 2 are administered to all students in grades 3 - 8.
* STAAR End-of-Course (EOC) is administered to any student in 8th - 12th grade needing to complete a required end of course exam. The tested EOC subjects are English I, English II, Algebra I, US History and Biology.
* TELPAS & TELPAS ALT are administered to any Emergent Bilingual (EB) student in grades K - 12 to determine their language proficiency and monitor their growth in language proficiency.
* National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)