Flu season is upon us and Elgin ISD wants to keep your children and the adults who care for them healthy. Influenza ("the flu") is an infectious disease caused by a virus. The flu may make people cough and have a sore throat and fever. They may also have a runny or stuffy nose, feel tired, have body aches, or show other signs they are not well. People of all ages can get the flu.
Below are some ways we can work together to promote health and reduce illness:
- Get vaccinated for seasonal influenza every year
- Stay away from people who are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub
- Use medication the way your doctor recommends it
More information and resources: