What is the point of ACE?
Where is ACE taking place?
- To provide time for students to work on homework after school with teachers available to answer questions and hold tutorials.
- Students must participate in academic and homework time before being allowed to take part in the enrichment activities.
- Enrichment activities are not only an inventive to improve academic performance, but also their behavior, attendance rates, and rates or promotion.
Can students still sign up?
- All ACE registered students must come to the cafeteria promptly at dismissal to sign in and get their snack.
How are students getting home?
- Yes, a student can still pick up a registration form from any Site Coordinator or Boys & Girls Club Director at their campus. However, enrollment is not guaranteed as there may be a waiting list at your child's particular campus.
What is my student participating in after school?
- Elementary Schools: If a student is a car rider, they can be picked up at the designated pick up times (4:45 pm or 6:00 pm). If they are a bus rider, transportation will be provided at the 6:00 pm dismissal time.
- Middle and High School: Car riders can be picked up at 6:00 pm. Bus riders will be loaded at 6:00 pm.
- Elementary Schools: When schools are dismissed, students come straight to the cafeteria to get a snack; then from 3:45-4:45 pm, students work on homework, study, and read. They are then dismissed to switch to the enrichment activities from 5:00-6:00 pm.
- Middle School: When school is dismissed, students come straight to the cafeteria to get a snack; until 4:30 pm, they work on homework and study. They then dismiss to attend enrichment activities from 4:30-6:00 pm.
- High School: When school is dismissed, students come straight to the cafeteria to get a snack; until 4:45 pm, students work on homework and study. They then dismiss to attend enrichment activities from 4:45-6:15 pm.
- Enrichment activities vary depending on the day and age group, but include dance, theater, cooking, art, robotics, soccer, board games, Marathon Kids, and much, much more!